Dear anti-nuclear power activists, supporters and friends,
HIROSHIMA DAY 70TH ANNIVERSARY CEREMONY
August 6th 2015, noon-1pm
By the Commemorative Cherry Tree in Tavistock Square, London WC1
This ceremony is held annually by the cherry tree planted in the Square in 1967 by the then Mayor of Camden, Cllr. Millie Miller, in memory of the victims, past and present, of the atomic bombs dropped on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on 6th and 9th August 1945.
Event organised by London Region CND, 162 Holloway Road. London N7 8DQ; firstname.lastname@example.org; 020-7607 2302.
Programme: order of participants
- Bruce Kent, CND Vice-President, compère
- Peace Choir: The Hiroshima Song
- Cllr. Larraine Revah, Mayor of Camden
- George Binette, Chair of Camden Trades’ Council
- Peter Dunn and Paul Steele (singers)
- Jeremy Corbyn, MP
- AL Kennedy: poetry
- Sheila Triggs, Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom: foundation in 1915 and today
- Rev. S. Nagase, Monk at Battersea Peace Pagoda
- Potent Whisper: “Trident on Trial” rap
- Baroness Jenny Jones, Green Party and member of Greater London Authority.
- Peace Choir: Against the Atom Bomb
- Two minute’s silence, during which you are invited to lay flowers at the base of the commemorative cherry tree in memory of the victims of Hiroshima, Nagasaki and all victims of war
- Everybody: The H-Bomb’s Thunder